Ojai Women's Retreat
Present Moment Living:
Creating a Path to Wholeness
with Yoga, Ayurveda, & the Alexander Technique
August 29 - Sept. 3, 2018
Tree Retreat, Ojai, California
by: Carol P. Prentice & Amanda Green
Real Life. Real Tools.
For more information and to register:
“Come discover a new path that will nourish your Body, Mind, and Spirit.”
Does it feel like you are living in the past or dreaming about the future? Is it hard to be in the present moment and stay on a healthy, balanced course that is taking you where you want to go? Old thoughts, feelings, and habits can be hard to release making us feel stuck. How we get unstuck from what is holding us back or taking us off our path is not always clear. Sometimes we need guidance. The Ojai Women’s Retreat offers you the opportunity to get a clear picture of how you can create a new path in Body, Mind, and Spirit.
The three disciplines, Yoga, Ayurveda and the Alexander Technique, deepen your relationship to your true self, your true beauty from the inside, out. Go inward and learn the art of self-care, self-awareness, and self-transformation. When this happens, life just gets easier!
Every day we are a new self, with new possibilities. This 5-day retreat is specially designed to teach you the art of unlearning—letting go of old patterns that have long since lost their usefulness—while also providing precious leisure time which allows these new skills and understandings to become more rooted in your daily life.
We teach Yoga, Ayurveda, and the Alexander Technique in a practical and meaningful way so that when you return home you will have useful tools to keep this new, balanced relationship going—not only within yourself but with everyone around you.
Embrace present moment living and get back on your path to feeling whole again. Join us in beautiful Ojai and experience the magic that this amazing valley holds, the serenity of the Pepper Tree Retreat and how the profound disciplines of Yoga, Ayurveda, and the Alexander Technique can transform your life.
Life just gets easier!
Come experience the beauty and magic of the Ojai Valley
- The beautiful oasis of the Ojai Valley and the peaceful setting of the Pepper Tree Retreat.
- Learn transformative techniques and practices in all three interactive healing modalities: Yoga, Ayurveda, Alexander Technique.
- Make the most of the intimate setting by receiving personal attention and time with highly qualified teachers.
- Connect with like-minded women.
- Delicious, healthy and healing meals that are cooked especially for the Retreat.
A beautiful opening and closing ceremonies that creates a container and builds on a sense of community.
“I have a very busy work…this workshop taught me how I can incorporate a 30 minute daily practice into my morning with asana, breath and meditation that really changes how I act and react in my life. Thank you!”
~ Mary P., Tampa FL.
The workshop consists of:
- Daily breath-centered yoga classes
- Private Alexander Technique and Breath Assessment lesson
- Daily small group classes in postural re-education
- Morning, lecture/discussion on the Yoga Sutras and how they apply to balancing your life.
- Afternoon presentation on Ayurveda and its practical application to nourishing yourself as a woman.
- Ayurvedic Tongue and Pulse assessment
- Food as Medicine ~ how to create a diet that supports your body.
- Working with the 5 sense therapies ~ what ones are right for you!
- Powerful meditation practices.
- Discover the power of breath work (pranayama) ~ how it can balance your whole system.
- An evening of nourishing chanting, sharing and connecting.
- An evening of fun and celebration at my home. Swimming, food, sharing and a closing ceremony to remember.
“The success of Yoga does not lie in the ability to perform postures but in how it positively changes the way we live our life and our relationships”
~ T.K.V. Desikachar
Key benefits you will take home:
- Better Posture and Balance
- A nourishing Yoga & Ayurveda practice
- Ways to create ‘space’ in your life
- Reduced tension and pain
- What foods & spices are right for you
- Meditation practice
- Key ‘tools’ to manage stress & keep you on the path to wholeness
- Healing Sensory modalities that are right for you
““When diet is wrong medicine is of no use.
When diet is correct medicine is of no need.”
More Retreat Information and Register