Symptoms and conditions are communications from the body telling you that it needs help. If you experience health challenges, or simply want to prevent them adopting a “Spring Cleaning Lifestyle” means regularly using a variety of detoxification modalities. We need to cultivate the immune system. You don’t build a well after you discover there is a drought. Love yourself enough to detox TODAY!
What is Detoxification?
Detoxification is the process of removing waste and other harmful material from the body.
It is mostly performed by the liver, but the kidneys, skin, lungs and the lymphatic system also play a large role in our body’s ability to remove metabolic and environmental waste. Sometimes we consume and absorb more than the body can easily manage in a day.
The underlying philosophy behind detoxification is the belief in the body’s innate ability to heal itself once toxins are removed. Assisted detoxification therefor supports the body in its own process through a variety of modalities.
Far Infrared Sauna
Aside from supporting the body’s natural detoxification process through diet, we can aid it by sweating in a sauna to help eliminate water soluble toxins.
Also, a number of studies have investigated the antiviral effects of sauna bathing. Fever is a core mechanism by which the body releases heat shock proteins that help block the replication of influenza viruses. A sauna session can simulate a fever by raising the core body temperature. Sauna use kills bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses, and boosts the immune function by increasing white blood cell, lymphocyte, neutrophil and basophil counts.
Ionic Detox Foot Bath
An alkaline body is crucial to a person’s health because diseases thrive in an acidic environment. An ionic detox foot bath helps to facilitate the alkalization process through the process of ionization, which removes free radicals from the body. A before and after urine pH test easily demonstrates this.
The Center for Disease Control reports that up to 85% of all illness are caused by toxins and pollutants in the body. A 2008 study by Center for Research Strategies showed participants’ levels of aluminum to have decreased by 46% and arsenic by 24%, on average.
The ionic detox foot bath is especially good for those suffering from gastrointestinal disorders, skin conditions, fungal or yeast infections, cancer, and fibromyalgia. The detox continues to alkalize the body up to 48 hours after the treatment via urination and sweat.
Cupping therapy utilizes lymphatic drainage and the pores of the skin to help remove metabolic waste and toxins from the body. As negative pressure is applied it pulls skin, fascia, adipose tissue, and muscle up into the cup, opening capillary beds and lymphatic vessels. Some forms of metabolic waste and toxins will leave the capillary beds and enter the lymphatic system, while others will be completely pulled out of the body through the pores of the skin.
You can use cupping for detoxification:
…on a weekly basis for general health
…while performing a dietary cleanse
…when you know you need help removing extra waste or toxins from the body
…if you have recently finished radiation or chemotherapy
…if you have been exposed to a high level of chemical pollution at work or from an accident
Near Infrared Light
Red light therapy is also called low-level laser therapy (LLLT), low-power laser therapy (LPLT), and photobiomodulation (PBM). The mitochondria, sometimes called the “power generators” of cells, soak it up and make more energy. This helps cells repair themselves and become healthier, healing skin and muscle tissue.
Red light therapy may help with:
- Dementia: In one small study, people with dementia who got regular near-infrared light therapy on their heads and through their noses for 12 weeks had better memories, slept better, and were angry less often.
- Dental Pain: In another small study, people with temporomandibular dysfunction syndrome (TMD) had less pain, clicking, and jaw tenderness after red light therapy.
- Hair Loss: One study found that men and women with androgenetic alopecia (a genetic disorder that causes hair loss) who used daily RLT device for 24 weeks grew thicker hair. People in the study who used a fake RLT device didn’t get the same results.
- Osteoarthritis: One study found red and infrared light therapy cut osteoarthritis-related pain by more than 50%.
- Tendinitis: A very small study of 7 people suggests RLT lessens inflammation and pain in people with Achilles tendinitis.
- Wrinkles and other signs of skin aging and skin damage: Research shows RLT may smooth your skin and help with wrinkles. RLT also helps with acne scars, burns, and signs of UV sun damage.
|• One of the most important factors in healing is oxygen. Ozone helps improve oxygen delivery in your body by causing more oxygen to be released by hemoglobin and improving red blood cell flexibility, allowing the red blood cells to travel through small capillaries better
• Ozone also improves ATP production, increases key antioxidants and nitric oxide, which improves blood circulation, and modulates the immune system, increasing certain cytokines that reduce inflammation and decreasing certain cytokines that increase inflammation
• Even though ozone dissipates quickly, it creates a whole host of downstream metabolites — messenger molecules — that may kill pathogens and up-regulate your immune system, and they last for days
• Ozone therapy can be done at home and include rectal, vaginal and ear insufflation, along with drinking ozone water; ozone saunas can be done too
• The coronavirus is a lipid-coated virus, and if you disrupt that lipid coat, you reduce or eliminate its infectivity. Ozone attacks lipids, and viruses cannot repair that damage. Thus, ozone may effectively destroy the virus.
From Dr. Mercola’s Newsletter
Candling or coning is the process of using a special hollow candle to pull ear wax and debris out of the ear canal and beyond. It has been used effectively to relieve symptoms of allergies, high wax production, itching, minor hearing impairment, colds & flus.
Reflexology is a science that recognizes that there are areas on the feet that correspond to all the organs, glands and parts of the body. It is a method of applying deliberate pressure to the hand and feet activating the healing powers of the body through stimulation of these reflexes. By working the reflexes through the billions of nerve endings on each foot, stress and tension is relieved, blood circulation and nerve supply improves, promotes the unblocking of nerve impulses, and helps the body to achieve equilibrium or homeostasis.
Specific benefits include:
- Boosted Energy Levels: can boost metabolic rate and help the body’s energy-creation process.
- Increased Circulation: research shows that it can increase circulation all over the body, helping organs to get the nutrients and oxygen they need, boosting functionality.
- Relaxation: The evidence strongly supports the use of reflexology to induce relaxation. It helps to readjust the body’s circadian rhythms, helping you to wake up and fall asleep at the right time.
- Reduction in Headaches: has the potential to resolve certain types of chronic headaches.
- Cancer Treatment: Scientists have discovered that reflexology treatments can reduce the side effects caused by the most common cancer treatments. There are reported reductions in nausea and vomiting, and fewer stomach cramps or bowel difficulties, and experience better, more restful sleep after reflexology.
- Elimination of Toxins: Research demonstrates a link with better bladder function, and a reduction in chronic urinary tract problems. This potentially points towards reflexology having a positive influence on the body’s ability to process and excrete toxic material. This, in turn, could reduce the risk of developing a whole host of health problems linked to the bladder and kidneys.
- Speed Healing: relating to everything from minor cuts to more significant injuries such as sprains, muscle aches, and burns.
Stephanie also offers healthy beauty treatments as well as self-help lessons on many of the above wellness services.